Monday 5 October 2015

Updating the signage!


It's been quite a while since I've written a post let alone one that wasn't a review. Over the last few months things have been quite overwhelming for a variety of reasons and it's led me in different directions. Over the last few days I've been thinking about some things and realised it's time for me to update the road I'm taking so that I'm going in the direction I want to go. 

So what got me thinking I needed to get on the right path again? Well, as we all know life has a great knack of getting in the way and throwing us off course. Lately I've allowed myself stay off track for a couple reasons. One was that in ways I wasn't sure what I needed to do to get back on coarse and the second reason was sometimes its just easier to stay off the beaten track and walk through the woods hidden from it all. 



Over the last few days I've been trying to figure out what will help me to move forward and and feel like I'm on the right road again. The one thing which stood out was me! I needed to start focusing on myself again.  
Last year I made changes in my life to become a fitter and healthier me and over the last few months I've undone all of my hard work. While I could beat myself up about it I know that's not the right thing to do. I could "force" myself too to go on a strict diet and just get out there again but this wouldn't be the right thing either. For me, what I need is time to focus, time to plan and time to action. 
It's funny while I stayed hidden away in myself I'd forgotten how much better I'd felt for feeling healthier and even slimmer. The last few weeks, I've found it tough to look at myself in a positive light and I suppose deep down I was upset I let myself get this way. By now I'd hoped to have been celebrating being nearer to having lost 3 stone instead I'm going to have to now work on getting myself nearer to 1 stone again. 




Over the last few days I've been working on mentally getting myself in the right place and from next week I'm going to begin by using the skills I've gained from the #BeTheBestYou plan and along with the assistance of my local pharmacy Marron's to start pointing myself in the right direction and get my chirpy self back! I'm going to make changes within my lifestyle to lose the weight (again!) and maintain this in the future. 

I know that this time around my journey is going to be tougher but I know too that while I'm doing this for me first, I'm doing it too for my family and also for the future I want for us. With working on #secretproject it's given me faith that I can succeed. Its put the fear of god in me too as it means I'm taking risks but then I remind myself as to why I'm doing it and the same answers come up - For me, my family and our future! 



It's not going to be easy but I know that the future is bright and I for one really want to try and give it my all. While there are still some things in life that I'm sure will get in the way I'm going to do my best to navigate around them and keep myself on track as best as I can. 


When my journey begins with Marron's I will be keeping you up to date as to how I'm getting on. I'd love to hear how you keep yourself on track? What are your top tips?











No comments:

Post a Comment