Thursday 3 September 2015

Review: My NeoStrata Skincare Regime

Those of you who follow me via social media will know that recently I was having some trouble with my skin. After using a brand range to try and get a proper skincare regime in place I had a reaction which caused my skin to breakout. During this time to say I was feeling down is an understatement. My skin became inflamed in areas and it was difficult to be able to walk out the door without makeup on (I didn't want to scare people, lol). 

So after trying a number of home remedies to try and get my skin back on track, I turned to those I knew who would be able to help me out, my fellow bloggers in the Irish Beauty & Lifestyle Group. The replies I got were full of great advice such as using Waxperts Wonder Pads as recommended by Claire by Reverie and Dolledup.ie and also NeoStrata's Bionic Cream again recommended by Dolledup.ie



On hearing about my dilemma, NeoStrata kindly gave me a range of samples (above picture is just a selection) to try out to see what was best suited for my skincare needs. I was delighted to receive these as I think samples are a great way of trying something new to see if it suits you before splurging out and then being disappointed or have a reaction like I did with a previous product range. 



After going through the samples I chose a basic routine which included the Ultra Brightening Cleanser, the Matrix Support (SPF30) and the Bionic Face Cream. Each product I used as directed and my daily routine was cleansing in the morning and evening with the Ultra Brightening Cleanser. After my morning cleanse it was followed by the Matrix Support SPF 30 and in the evening with the Bionic Face Cream. 


Ultra Brightening Cleanser 


When I used the cleanser, I found a little went a long way which was great. It is a creamy foaming wash off cleanser. The NeoStrata Ultra Brightening Cleanser is designed to "brighten, illuminate and help control pigmentation for a more even skin tone". 
I found the cleanser to be quite gentle on my skin and was also quite effective in removing makeup. Once my skin was cleansed I felt quite "clean" and refreshed. 
At €27.50for 100ml , I think this is great value for money as a little really does go a long way. 


Matrix Support

As many of you will already know, I love my moisturiser to have an SPF so with the Matrix Support having an SPF of 30 it ticked a big box for me.  

The Matrix Support is an "antioxidant, anti-aging daily moisturising complex" The cream is designed for "sagging skin, deep lines & wrinkles, sun protection and discoloration" While at 38 years young my skin is not sagging or with deep lines (yet!), they are things I'd like to prevent as best I can. 

When applying the cream I found it to be similar in consistency to some "thick / heavy" anti-aging day creams I've used in the past but without the heavy feeling on my face. I really liked the fact that I felt a layer of protection on my face without feeling it was going to melt away as I hit the sun (the little bit that we had!). Something I realised too was when we did get some sun I was trying these samples and I'd no discoloration on my face as I normally would. Every year I get "dirty" tan areas on my forehead and across my cheeks but this year it wasn't the case. This may be partially down to wearing a higher SPF during the day or obviously the fact that the cream is designed to reduce discoloration. 

At €58.99 for 50g it is a bit on the pricey side but again like the Ultra Brightening Cleanser a little does go a long way so I feel it would last some time. 


Bionic Face Cream


After receiving the recommendation from Dolledup.ie I was really looking forward to seeing how good the Bionic Face Cream really was. As directed I used this after cleansing in the evening. The Bionic Face Cream is "fragrance free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic anti-ageing face cream" It is also recommended for Rosacea, Eczema and Dry Skin.

I found on application for a night cream is wasn't heavy which is quite refreshing. Something that has put me off a night time skin care regime is many of the creams I've used in the past are quite heavy which isn't something that appeals to me as I'm about to tuck up for the night.

Something else I noticed with using the Bionic Face Cream was in the morning how soft my skin felt. Also, after a couple of days I noticeable could see a difference from the raised scarring I had from my breakouts. This was something that really upset me so seeing them reduce within a day or two and then clear altogether within the week brought back my Chirpy smile!

At €44.95 for 40ml I thought this was good value. A little really does go a long way which I was surprised by, and the difference in my skin I felt was quite significant.

After 2 weeks of the above regime I noticed quite a difference in my skin. 
Around the sides of my mouth there we're lines partially I think from dehydration in my skin, these were now gone. 
A significant difference could be seen in the areas where I'd blemishes. The inflammation I had was significantly reduced and the blemishes themselves were pretty much gone along with the scarring. 
Overall I must say I was delighted with the results. 

Have you tried any NeoStrata products before?
If you haven't check out where your nearest stockist is here or alternatively you can purchase from Dolledup.ie here



No comments:

Post a Comment