Sunday 26 July 2015

10 Things you didn't know about me!



I would like to thank The Simply Homemade Mum for tagging me in "10 Things you didn't know about me" I find these tags quite fun and I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little more!



1. What did you want to be when you were younger?


I often think back on this and smile as I don't think it really would've been a job for me. When I was deciding my subjects for the Leaving Certificate I chose primarily science subject as I believed I was going to be a Vet! Let's just say, Chemistry is not my strong point and being a Vet I don't think would have been the ideal role for me... I can be a little squirmish!!


2.Do you have any hidden talents?


I don't know would I call it a hidden talent but I'm pretty good at cooking when I get the time to stray from the normal family meals. I love to set myself challenges when we've people for dinner and try our new recipes. So far they've all worked out a treat so will keep my fingers crossed this keeps up! 

3. What do you love most about blogging?


Besides loving being able to enjoy writing again I think it is the people I've met that inspire me along the way. I've made some great friends who have given me fantastic support and not just with my blog. I feel very lucky already for the people I've met and also for the fun times that lie ahead. 


4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?


There's quite a few places I think I would like to live and for lots of reasons. I love Curraun, Co. Mayo as it is where my mother grew up and it is very peaceful. I feel very relaxed when I am there. 

I'd love Melbourne, Australia too! When I visited there in January 1998 (my lord I feel old!), I loved it as a city, its very relaxed and so much culture. A bonus too is that one of my brothers lives there so it would be great to be close to him as it's nearly 7 years since I've seen him!
As a mid-point I think I would probably pick Italy around Sienna. While I've only visited Italy twice it is a country I really like. I love their food, style and culture. 


5. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason, that it’s fate?


I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. So many things have happened within my own life not all good and not all bad yet the outcome has always been positive.I think I learned this more so when I came to terms with my mothers passing. I learned to take the good out of the bad and look forward. Life can be tough but it is what we make of it that counts! 


6. What makes you smile?


My Family! They always bring a smile to my face even on those crazy days! 

7. What is your middle name?


Damnait! This is pronounced Dow-nit! It was my mums first name and I'm proud to say is my daughters second name.

8. Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?


While I love all seasons for different reasons Spring is probably the one I like best. I love the new beginnings it brings. 

9. What song reminds you of a happy moment in your life?


This is the Day - Captain Beefheart! This song was not brings back wonderful memories of our wedding day as it was our first dance, it also reminds me of when my husband and I started going out. When I worked in Killiney he used to collect me when I'd a few days off and as we'd sit in traffic driving back to Kildare we would listen to this song along with other Captain Beefheart songs and Portishead



10. What would be your perfect meal?


When it comes to food it is always mood related! For comfort I love a steak sandwich with all the trimmings and homemade oven chips. 
For "posh nosh" I love Beef Wellington and Gratin Potato!


Thank you again The Simply Homemade Mum for the tag. I would like to tag:


All you have to do is add the 10 Things image from the top of this post, link back to me and answer the following 10 questions. Then if you wish to do so, compile 10 questions of your own and tag 10 of your fellow bloggers to do the same.

Here are your 10 Questions!

1. Whats your favorite room in your home?
2. What makes a perfect sandwich?
3. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
4. If you were only able to wear one item of makeup what would it be?
5. Camping? Glamping? Self-Catering? Hotel? What would your choice be on a holiday?
6. What are your favorite flowers?
7. If you won a lotto of €1 Million what would be the first thing you would do?
8. Whats your favorite thing to do in Summer? 
9. Whats your favourite thing to do to relax?
10. Your perfect breakfast?









No comments:

Post a Comment