Tuesday 7 April 2015

Trying to Be the Best Me!



I must apologise for being a day late with my Monday post. The last week hast taken its toll on me and yesterday I was still trying to play catch-up on myself.  




So week 5 of #BeTheBestYou begun yesterday and I must say, I'm delighted week 4 is over! Not because of the program itself but because of the week I had. While I had every intention of #BeingtheBestMe being home alone with the kids took its toll on my mental attitude! 

My husband was away for work in Paris for 5 nights last week. This is the longest both of us have been away from each other in over 10 years so I knew it was going to be strange him not being here. 
Thankfully I'd the car so I arranged some day trips to distract my son and daughter as well as myself! And with the weather the way it was too I was ever so grateful to have the car as I think I was have gone crazy(ier) trapped indoors! 

Before my husband left last Sunday I'd every intention of being even more focused on #BeTheBestYou but my focus was quite the opposite. For me I needed to make sure my 3 year and 14 month old were kept busy and myself while daddy / husband was away. 





So while there was a lot going on during the week, lots of running up and down the stairs at bedtime there was something that put a smile on my face. One of my visits was to meet with my good friend Grainne author of Hope from a Butterfly
I haven't seen her since Christmas and that was unfortunately a brief meeting so I was really looking forward to seeing her and finally meeting the newest addition to her family. We'd a great catch-up while our children played. Its wonderful that our children are similar in age .... we planned our friendship well without realising it! 
With Grainne already having all she needed for her two beautiful girls I wanted to get her a gift that was personal. I'd spoken to Turra Crafts some weeks back at Clane Farmers Market about making a piece for Grainne. 

While I knew Grainne was pleased with her gift, I was delighted to read her latest post in her series Moment of the Week which you can read about here and again a mention in her Silent Sunday Series which you can see here





While the week was long while my husband was away it was topped off when I picked him up from the airport, meeting with Grainne along with some family and reading Hope from a Butterfly's recent posts! 


Meet Hope from a Butterfly on #MeetTheBloggers here and also LilliWhiteRose here .... we may not have met this week as planned LilliWhiteRose but we will soon!! 

See how #BeTheBestYou has gone for me to date here 

Check out Volta Fitness for a great competition she has currently running on her Facebook page here 


























No comments:

Post a Comment