Monday 20 April 2015

#BeTheBestYou - The Results!


Wow, already the 6 weeks of the #BeTheBestYou Lifestyle change is complete and I cant believe how quickly it flew! 
So, lets not "beat around the bush" and get straight to it! The results, how did I get on?!


Date: 3rd March
Date:
16th March
Date:   
 30th March
Date:
13th April
Date:
20th April
Body Part
Inches
Inches
Inches
Inches
Inches
Bicep
11.8
12.2
11.61
11.81
11.81
Thigh
21.65
21.65
21.25
21.65
21.25
Calf
14.17
13.77
13.77
13.77
13.77
Waist
40.55
39.37
37.79
38.58
38.38
Hips
42.51
40.15
38.77
38.97
38.38
Chest
41.33
39.76
40.15
39.37
38.77






Weight lbs
166.5
165
162.4
161
161


So, as you can see from the results, overall I lost 5.5 pounds and about 9 inches all over which I must say I'm quite pleased with considering the last few weeks I've had which you can read about here and here

A little refresh!

Some of you may already know I'm not one for fad diets. While I've tried some in the past with no success due to restraints with foods and also collapsing on my last "Fad" attempt (That's another story!!) to me it's always been important to make changes that will help you achieve your goals but also maintain your goal weight.



After starting my weight loss journey in June 2014 I began by making changes in my life and I could see a difference quite quickly. As time progressed though and through different challenges along the way I could see myself falling back into traps and and wasn't sure where to turn to boost myself. When Claire from Volta Fitness was seeking some volunteers to take part in #BeTheBestYou, I knew that this was for me. I was already following Claire on her Blog Volta Fitness and also her Facebook page, so I was looking forward to the information I would receive from her and the journey that lay ahead. 

Over the last 6 weeks through Claire's plan and guidance and the support of the other fabulous ladies who took part, I can see how I can still have "my cake and eat it". When you actually see the plan and understand the "Do's" and "Dont's" better, it all makes sense. 

When I began my goal was to loose 10 pounds by the end of the 6 weeks. While I didn't reach this goal I achieved a lot more. I learned a better way to balance food and exercise in my life. As we all know life can throw some challenges our way which in turn can throw us off course when it comes to our healthier lifestyles. I'm now better equipped to try and make better choices for myself when these challenges arise and know too that even if I do go off course, its ok, I can get myself back on track. 





If I'm honest, I'm never going to be a salad eater on a daily basis, I'm not going to stop having a drink at the weekend and when I'm out (which is rare) I'm going to have what I want. As a stay at home mum of two, sometimes its these little indulgences that get me through the week so if I'd like a night off sometime, I will still treat myself to the odd takeaway!
In saying that, I do want to maintain following #BeTheBestYou. All along this was about a lifestyle change and that is what I've always believed in since my weight loss journey began. 

For me I still have goals I want to reach the first being to get myself under 11 stone / 154 pounds! I would like to do this 8th June 2015. That gives me 7 weeks to lose 8 pounds putting me under 11 stone! I know that this is very achievable and it allows too for life's little tumbles to get in the way such as my children throwing me off course with sleepless nights and the bank holiday weekends!!  





I would,like to thank Claire from Volta Fitness for this opportunity. It has opened me to a new way of thinking and taught me a better way to follow a healthy lifestyle to lose weight and maintain into the future. 

If your not already, please follow Claire on her blog Volta FitnessFacebook, and Twitter to get some great tips and motivation to #BeTheBestYou



Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where I will keep you updated on how I'm going. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment